Try It Tuesday


Happy Tuesday to you! I have to be really honest here. Try is Tuesday is always way out of my comfort zone. Playing with inks and paints makes me nervous, and typically I like to stick with what I know - when it comes to scrapbooking and all areas of life. But then part of me does like a challenge even if I have to get a little messy! So I jumped right in to this month's Try It Tuesday.

Here's your challenge: create a layout with circles. Suggested ideas: print circles from jar lids or paper rolls that have been dipped in paint/ink, use a stencil, stamp small circles with pencil eraser tips in your ink pads, spray mists inside circular tubes (or paper rolls), print with bubble wrap - you get the idea! 

Here's what I did: I took the lid of my gold paint and dipped it in the paint to create circles on the background of this fabulous Maggie Holme's paper. How can you not say yes to the explosion of colors?! The paper is called Cotton Candy! Once, the paint dried, I layered it with lots of ticket stubs from the specialty paper in the Carousel collection. I added a few more embellishments and my photo and it really was that simple - and not too messy!


Ready to step out of your comfort zone? I hope so! XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts