Mix It Up Monday


I'm so excited for this Monday! Mix it Up Monday is one of my new favorite challenges at Paper Issues. Simply because it gets me to try new things I never would do on my own. This month, we were challenged to use a stencil (could be store bought or made from a cutting machine) and then use mixed media to add the stencil to your layout. 

I chose to start with white cardstock, a Heidi Swapp mini triangle stencil, and Heidi Swapp Color Shine (spray, mist, ect). I had to play around with it a lot (5 pieces of card stock later to be exact - LOL) but I finally got the look I wanted. For me the Color Shine was to runny aka messy with the stencils; so I ended up using ink pads to get a more clean look which is what I prefer. 

Once the background dried, I used Crate Paper's Cool Kid to finish it off. The background paper is Hooray and it/s one of my favorite in the collection. And a strip of four selfies I took with my littlest one and it's perfection! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Check out the Paper Issues blog to see how the other ladies rocked Mix It Up Monday! 























Comments

Popular Posts