First Day of School



Sometimes when I sit down in my craft room, I stare at a photo and agonize for some time on what to do with it. (If you are a scrapper, I know you have been there too!) Some days the creativity just doesn't flow...Today, I'm happy to share this layout with you, because I 100% had a vision in mind and it came out just how I hoped it would. Love that!

Funny back story - on my son's first day of school, I got up early to get everything ready and to print off a "1st day of school" sign - you know - cause that's what everyone does on the 1st day of school. Well, it halfway printed, and then the ink ran out. Then without missing a beat I said, "Oh well, I guess we will have to wait and take the 1st day of school pictures on the 2nd say of school!" And that's just what we did. That's what being a home school mom has taught me - flexibility is key!

 Now for the layout - I used Studio Calico's Jacob stamp brush file to cut out all the alphabet. Shop here:
http://www.studiocalico.com/shop/scout-digital-jacob-stamp-brushes It was rather difficult getting all of the letters to fit, but I finally squeezed them all in. The paper and embellishments are Crate Paper's Cool Kid. As for the photo - I couldn't choose just one! So I used PicFrame collage to get my favorite four on one 4x6 photo!

Comments

Popular Posts