Paper Issues Mix It Up Monday


Hi friends! I'm so excited to share this layout with you today. This is my first attempt at using mixed media with scrapbooking. The challenge was to take paper or scraps and apply mixed media - ink, paste, spray etc to it. Then, using punches or a cutting machine cut out some sort of shape for a background affect. To be honest, I struggled with it a bit as this style is totally out of my comfort zone. But I'm always up for a challenge! I actually threw my first layout away and started over and came up with this which I love! 

So here's my process. I took a 12x12 sheet of white card stock. First I took, a red stamp pad and pressed it down onto the paper  repeatedly - covering the entire page. Then I sprayed yellow and gold Heidi Swapp Color shine all over the page on top on the ink. Once it dried it turned out beautiful! A deep red with gold flakes shining too! Then I used my Cricut to cut out several hexagons for the background. The rest of the layout is made with Crate Paper's Cool Kid. You can find it in the Paper Issues store and get 20% off your order with the code RACHEL! 

Also click here to see all the other talented ladies Mix It Up Monday designs!






















Comments

Popular Posts